Tomato & Garlic Pasta Sauce
Discover just how simple it is to make your own delicious cooking sauce with the VonShef Mini Food Chopper and you’ll wonder why you ever used pre-made shop bought bottles.
Rich in flavour and super easy to blitz together in minutes, this recipe transforms the humble tomato into something special. Whether you enjoy a vegetarian diet full-time, or want to cut down on meat – you won’t be sacrifice any flavour using this sauce. Although pasta is the natural choice, toss the sauce into any accompaniment of your choice to enjoy it to its fullest.
Your sauce is something to shout about, so be sure to post a pic using #VonShefMakeItGood before you dig in.
What you need:
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- A pinch of mixed dried herbs
- Roughly chop onion into chunks and place in the mini chopper.
- Add garlic clove, tin of tomatoes, puree & herbs.
- Add the chopper lid and push down to puree using a pulse motion to achieve the correct texture.
- You can either store your sauce in the fridge or heat in a saucepan for immediate use.