Easy Chilli Con Carne
When you get to the middle of a busy week, the last thing you want to do is stand over the stove all night.
Cook up a quick mid-week family feast with convenient one-pot cooking and give yourself some time to spend with your housemates… or for that easy dinner when the coursework is done for the day.
A chilli con carne is not only super easy to make in the slow cooker, it’s a firm favourite – making it the easy option everyone will enjoy.
You can even do all the preparation before you head out to lectures and leave the slow cooker to do the rest.
Show us the tasty finished article on Instagram with #VonShefMakeItGood.
What you need:
- 500g minced beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar passata
- 1 tin kidney beans, liquid reserved from one tin
- 1 tin cannellini beans, liquid reserved
- ½ tablespoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon dried basil
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Spring onion
- Cheese (optional)
- Place the mince in a frying pan over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain fat.
- Place the mince in a slow cooker, and mix in remaining ingredients (including the liquid from the bean tins).
- Cover, and cook on a low temperature setting for 8 hours.
- Serve and top with spring onion and cheese.