Prep like a pro and have your weekday lunches at the ready.
Healthy eating can sometimes feel like a hassle. So, to help you keep the healthy promises you made to yourself, try a little forward planning. That way, no matter how stressed or strapped for time you are, you’ll always have a healthy weekday lunch ready.
The essentials for seamless batch cooking are a large slow cooker and some quality storage containers to divide up all your portions. The VonShef 6.5L slow cooker is big enough to make 10 portions – that’s weekday meals sorted for 2 people – all from one cooking pot. And we recommend the VonShef 12pc Containers with Borosilicate glass with BPA-free lids to guarantee no leaks, and no unsafe chemicals. They’re also safe for use in the freezer, oven and microwave for total convenience.
What you’ll need:
- 500g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bitesize pieces
- 500g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bitesize pieces
- 200g mushrooms
- 450ml water
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 400mls chicken stock
- 150mls tomato paste
- 200mls water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 100g broccoli florets
- Add the first 12 ingredients to your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (longer if you like your vegetables softer).
- Combine the water and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- Add cornstarch mixture and frozen peas or edamame (and tofu, if using) to the slow cooker, stir well.
- Re-cover and cook on high-heat setting for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve with steamed broccoli.