You read that right.
Quite possibly the simplest cake recipe ever, rustle up a freshly-baked batch of cupcakes using just vanilla ice cream and self-raising flour.
We kid you not. The science behind this lazy cupcake recipe is spectacularly simple.
The ingredients which make ice cream: milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla essence are all the ingredients you need to make cupcakes – bar one.
Add some flour to the mix and you’ve got a recipe for super-simple sponge. Not quite magic but pretty close!
Here’s the unbelievably easy recipe.
500ml vanilla ice cream, softened
250g self-raising flour
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C / Gas mark 7
- Grease a muffin tin or line with cupcake cases
- Mix flour and ice cream together until completely smooth. Spoon into cupcake cases, filling ¾ full
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from oven, allow to cool then enjoy
Want more recipes? Try these Naturally Sassy Sugar-Free Desserts!