Not as sweet and sticky as jam, this slow cooker blueberry plum butter is smooth, spreadable and utterly delicious. Divine on toast, layered on pancakes or spooned over your morning porridge. Yum.
- 1kg fresh blueberries
- 4 large black plums
- 350g white sugar
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- Prepare fruit. Wash and drain blueberries, then remove any stems and leaves. Chop plums into quarters and remove pits
- Put blueberries and plums in a food processor, blend until completely smooth
- Transfer puréed fruit to your slow cooker, cook on high for an hour
- Stir and leave cooker lid slightly ajar to enable steam and water to escape
- Cook for a further 6 hours on low, stirring every hour
- During the last hour of cooking, stir in sugar, lemon juice and zest. Increase heat to high and replace lid, again leaving slightly ajar
- Transfer butter to jars and enjoy at your leisure!