Turn simple chicken breasts into a magnificent fiesta of flavour with this easy peasy Mexican-inspired dish. Prepare to be amazed: just four ingredients and one slow cooker, and you’re on track to the best chicken taco you’re ever going to eat. Make these slow cooker 4 ingredient shredded chicken tacos once, and you'll be hooked.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- 30g taco seasoning mix
- 450g salsa
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker
- Sprinkle seasoning mix over chicken and pour in salsa
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Using two forks, shred the chicken (it should be incredibly tender and pull apart easily)
- Spoon chicken onto warm tortillas and add your favourite fillings – we love this with spinach, chopped tomatoes and a hearty dollop of sour cream!