A healthier alternative to the traditional chip – these parsnip fries are deliciously simple to make. Serve up with fried fish, homemade burgers or a sizzling steak.
Salt and pepper
- Prep your air fryer and heat at 160°C or pre-heat your oven to 220°C / Gas Mark 7
- Scrub your parsnips clean and roughly peel them
- Slice into thin strips and place in a bowl; toss with olive oil and a good few pinches of salt and pepper
- Place the parsnips into your air fryer basket or lay out in a roasting tin
- In your air fryer, cook for 15 minutes; in an oven, bake for 15 – 25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once
- Allow to cool then dig in