Quickly and easily create the perfect base to a multitude of dishes with your VonShef Stand Mixer.
Easy Shortcrust Pastry with your VonShef Stand Mixer
125g sifted plain flour
55g cubed butter
Pinch of salt
2-3 tablespoons cold water
- Add cubes of butter, flour and salt to Stand Mixer bowl.
- Use the flat beater attachment on low speed setting for 2 minutes until the mixture resembles biscuit crumbs.
- Add 2 tablespoons cold water to the mixture and increase to speed 6 for a few minutes until the dough is well a well formed ball. Only add the additional water if the dough needs extra moisture.
- Dust a clean work surface with a small amount of additional plain flour and knead by hand for 1 minute.
- Wrap the pastry dough in cling film and let rest in the fridge for 30 minutes before using.
For recipes such as quiche, where a quick-cooking filling is added to the pastry casing, you may need to blind bake the pastry first.
VonShef Stand Mixer with flat beater attachment.