The season of giving is upon us! And what better way to show you care than bespoke handmade Christmas gifts for loved ones. Everyone loves chocolate right? But the rest of the toppings can be switched out to suit the lucky receiver of this lovely chocolate bark.
In this case the toppings are a mix of sweet amaretto biscuit and rich pecan nuts, but dried fruits, sweets or their fave chocolate bar would be just as yummy! Created by one of our favourite bloggers Emily from Recipes and Reviews – this is one present you want under your Christmas tree.
(Makes 2 baking tray size slabs)
350g milk chocolate
50g dark chocolate
A handful of pecan halves, crushed and some left intact for decoration
2-3 Amaretto biscuits, crushed
Equipment: Saucepan, spatula, baking trays, cling film or greaseproof paper
- Line two baking trays with cling film or non-stick paper. Both work the same, although cling film can leave a crease when setting
- Melt the both types of chocolate on a very low heat in separate pans
- Pour the milk chocolate in the baking tray and spread around. Pour over the dark chocolate at random and swirl the spatula to make a pattern
- Scatter with your toppings and allow to set
- When hard, break up into shards and gift wrap with a pretty bow
Follow Recipes and Reviews on Instagram and Twitter.