Classic, creamy and made in minutes. In just a few steps, whip up your very own New York-style cheesecake in the microwave.
For the crust
- 4 tbsp crushed digestive biscuits (about two biscuits)
- 1 tbsp melted butter
For the cheesecake
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2 ½ tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Grease the inside of a mug (both sides and bottom). Add the biscuit crumbs and melted butter and mix together; press down the mixture so the biscuit crumbs form a crust at the bottom of the mug
- In a bowl, whisk the egg. Then add cream cheese, yoghurt, sugar and vanilla extract; mix until you have a smooth batter
- Pour the mixture into the mug and microwave for 1 minute. The cake should be mostly cooked, bar the centre. Microwave for another 20 seconds, check on the cake, microwave for another 20 seconds, check again and if not fully cooked, microwave for another 20 seconds.
- Take the mug out of the microwave and, turning the mug upside down onto a spatula, gently slide the cheesecake out of the mug then flip upright onto a plate
- Let the cake cool at room temperature for a few minutes; when the cake is no longer too hot to touch, place into the fridge and leave to set for at least an hour
- Once set, tuck in!