This quick and easy peanut butter recipe will give you one large jar of the good stuff in a matter of minutes. Free from palm oil, added sugar and E-numbers, you just can't beat homemade peanut butter, made crunchy or smooth to your liking.
Silky, creamy and rich tasting peanut butter that can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 months. If you get through peanut butter like it's going out of fashion, you'll save a pretty penny making it yourself, and once you’ve seen how easy it is, you’ll never bother buying it from the shops again. Grab your blender, a mason jar (or a couple of clean jam jars), and follow the easiest recipe ever below...
- 300g dry roasted unsalted peanuts (or roast plain peanuts yourself in the oven for fifteen minutes at 180 degrees centigrade, then allow to cool)
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Add the peanuts to your blender in two batches and pulse until all the nuts are crushed.
- Place all the nuts back in the machine and blend on a low speed for around 2 minutes, until the peanuts begin to turn creamy.
- Turn the blender up to a medium speed and continue to blend to your desired consistency, for 1-2 minutes, adding in the salt. Let it rest for 30 seconds and taste the mixture.
- Add more salt if required and blend for a further 30 seconds.
- Portion into mason jars and store in the fridge for at least 8 hours before use, this allows the mixture to thicken and become buttery.
Spread thickly on toast, dolloped on hot porridge or blended up in a banana smoothie, you really can't beat peanut butter for breakfast. It's packed with protein and good fats to keep you full and energised all morning.
Have a go at making peanut butter in a blender and share your pictures with us @domu_uk on Twitter and @domu.co.uk on Instagram. Use the hashtag #MyUltraBlend to be re-grammed.
If you're looking for a reliable blender to whiz up homemade nut butters, smoothies, soups and sauces, we highly recommend the VonShef Digital UltraBlend. Its powerful 1000W motor makes blending a doddle, plus it looks sleek and stylish on the kitchen counter.