Is there a wrong time to eat ice cream? We didn’t think so either. If you want a less sugary option, try our delicious Honey Roast Pear Frozen Greek Yoghurt. Just as indulgent as the creamiest ice cream.
6 ripe pears
225ml Greek yogurt
Pinch of sea salt
½ tsp almond extract
- Slice the pears in half and place on a baking tray, generously drizzle with honey
- Place in the oven and roast for around 20 minutes until tender
- Remove the pears from the oven, put a few to one side for garnishing, and place the rest in a blender along with any juices left over on the baking tray. Blend until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency
- Add the Greek yogurt, caster sugar, salt and almond essence and blend together until the mixture is evenly combined
- Transfer the mixture into an airtight container and place in the fridge to chill
- Once suitably chilled, turn on your ice cream maker (we recommend the VonShef Premium Ice Cream Maker) and set the timer to 60 minutes. Remove the mixture from the fridge and pour into the freezer bowl to start
- After the 60 minute programme has completed, spoon the frozen yogurt into dessert dishes and garnish with slices of the roasted pears and a dash of honey
Have you tried our recipe? Let us know what you think.