If you’re in the mood for a winter-warming treat, lifestyle blogger Gabriella Manchester, has the perfect antidote. Ooey, gooey apple, almond and cinnamon crumble. Ready in minutes and gluten-free to boot - we're sold.
Not the traditional layered apple crumble, it’s all mixed together and the apples are best al dente. The sweet and spiced caramel sauce is deeply satisfying and the fact that this gluten-free pudding can be whipped up for one in under five minutes makes it all the more appealing.
- 1 medium sized apple, roughly peeled and diced to approx 1x1cm cubes. Use any variety of apple you like.
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- Half a tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of ground ginger
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 1 tbsp oats (optional)
- Place your apple cubes into a large microwavable mug. Add in half of the light brown sugar and about a third of the butter. Add in a couple drops of vanilla essence, the cinnamon and ginger, and mix well
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds. This will create a lovely, spiced caramel around the apple
- Take it out of the microwave and sprinkle on the rest of the sugar, ground almonds and oats if you’re using them
- Break up the rest of the butter into small lumps and use your finger tips to lightly rub it into the almonds, oats and sugar, like you would a regular crumble
- Place back in the microwave for another 90 seconds, or until slightly golden in colour and until the apples are soft, checking it regularly so it doesn’t burn
- Top with a drizzle of double cream or ice cream, or enjoy as it is
For more of Gabriella's recipes visit her blog.