Looking to impress this Valentine's Day? These easy date night recipes are the perfect balance of flavours and are so quick to put together you'll be the champion of romance. Go all out and treat your other half to a three course home cooked meal.
We've pulled together three perfect, easy date night recipes for a winning menu. Starting with a sweet, simple salad recipe, a silky smooth easy 'date night pasta' main and a decadent dessert to delight your taste buds, date night cooking has never been easier.
Starter: Roast Peach & Prosciutto Salad
4 peach halves (from a tin)
125g mozzarella pearls
4 slices prosciutto
Extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
Basil (hand torn)
1) Heat up a griddle pan and get it smoking. Place peaches cut side up on the griddle and drizzle with a little olive oil. Cook evenly on both sides until charred and sticky.
2) In a bowl whisk together the juice of half of lemon and three times as much olive oil, basil, salt and pepper to make a dressing.
3) Place rocket, mozzarella pearly and 2 slices of prosciutto on each plate, adding two peach halves at the end. Pour over salad dressing, sprinkle the basil over and serve.
Entrée: Easy Date Night Pasta
3 tbsp unsalted butter (cubed and divided)
Fresh, cracked black pepper
150g Parmesan (grated)
100g Pecorino cheese
1) Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salt water, stirring occasionally. Cook until just starting to turn al dente. Drain, reserving 2 cups of water (you’ll need this for the sauce).
2) In a skillet, transfer one cup of the water you’ve saved, bringing to a simmer. Then whisk in one cube of butter at a time, ensuring it’s completely melted and incorporated, before adding more. Keep doing this until all the cubes of pasta are in the pan. Then whisk in the 100g of Parmesan and half the Pecorino cheese.
3) Add pasta and turn using tongs to keep each strand coated, adding in some more of the liquid as needed, until the sauce blankets the pasta. Top with fresh, cracked black pepper and the remaining cheese and serve.
Dessert: Coconut Panna Cotta with Mango and Passion fruit Coulis
1 ½ Sheets of gelatine
100ml Single cream
130ml Coconut milk
50g Icing sugar
½ Ripe mango
1 Ripe passion fruit
50ml orange juice
Zest of a quarter lime
2 tsp flaked coconut (lightly toasted)
1) Grease two small non-metallic ramekins and set aside.
2) In a bowl soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes, lift out and squeeze the liquid out of it.
3) In a pan, pour the coconut milk, cream and half the icing sugar, cook on a medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the sugar and gelatine are fully dissolved. Take off the heat and cool for 10 minutes. Pour the mixture in the ramekins and leave to set in the fridge for 4 hours or more.
4) Take the flesh out of the mango and the passion fruit and put them in a food processor along with the lime zest and remaining icing sugar and orange juice. Blend until smooth and pureed, then pass through a fine sieve. Once set, take the ramekins out of the fridge and turn the puddings over on to serving dishes, top with the toasted coconut and coulis.
Give these easy date night recipes a go, and share your pictures with us on Instagram @domu.co.uk and Twitter @domu_uk - we'd love to see them!
Whatever you get up to, whether you're sharing the day with a partner, friends or family, or enjoying some 'me time', have a love-filled Valentine's Day.