If one or two crepes just won’t do – try this crepe cake recipe. Layers upon layers of crepes, sandwiched between a Nutella and cream mix. Delicious. Be warned though – you will need some serious flipping skills.
140g plain flour
1sp caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
25g butter, melted
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Nutella – and lots of it!
300ml whipping cream (around a tub)
100g milk or dark chocolate, melted
Handful of chopped peanuts
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl and stir
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, water, eggs and vanilla
- Once the wet ingredients are well combined, add to the dry ingredients - whisk until smooth. Add the melted butter and whisk again. Set to one side for later
- Heat up your VonShef Crepe Maker or a pan over a medium – high heat, and add a drop of vegetable oil. Pour around 100ml of the batter onto the crepe maker. Cook for around 2 minutes until golden brown; flip over and cook for another minute.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter, making sure you keep your crepe maker oiled between crepes. You should end up with around 20 or so crepes (depending on how thick you’ve made them). Allow the crepes to cool completely
- In a bowl, pour in the whipping cream and beat until you have soft peaks. Fold in the Nutella and make your cake by spreading a layer of Nutella cream between each crepe
- Once assembled, melt the dark chocolate and pour over the top; garnish with the chopped peanuts – then dig in