Whatever it looks like, however it tastes, if you baked it, you baked it proud!
Share your proud bakes with us using #VonShefStandProud and win one of our new 1260W Stand Mixer range.
How to Enter
To enter, simply upload a photo of your bake to Instagram, tagging the VonShef Instagram account @VonShef_uk and use the #VonShefStandProud.
Each week one of our guest judges will crown a star baker – who’ll win a VonShef Stand Mixer in the colour of their choice.
With a different baking theme each week, whether you bake breads or pies, we have you covered with a competition. Keep your eyes peeled for biscuit, pastry, dessert, pie and bread week coming up soon.
Meet this week’s Guest Judge: Helen Best Shaw from Fuss Free Flavours
With an aim to provide affordable but high-quality treats, Helen Best-Shaw’s travel and food blog, Fuss Free Flavours, is brimming with recipes, reviews and dishes from her travels. The blog is hugely popular and has seen her team up with many foodie brands.
Since her first post in 2007, Helen has gained a massive following – her Instagram account boasts 45k+ followers and her Twitter 23.3k+ – and has become a popular choice for food brands to work with.
Her blog has previously taken the #2 spot in the Top UK Food Blogs on Instagram in the Foodies 100. She has also been shortlisted for the 2017 Good Housekeeping Food Awards for the ‘Best Food Blogger’.
Helen’s Top Baking Tips
- Remember baking is a science and precision will result in superior results. Accurate digital scales are probably the best investment you can make for better baking.
- Read the recipe through twice before you start.
- Get all the ingredients out of the cupboard and fridge and allow to come to room temperature before you start, unless the recipe says otherwise.
- Prepare the tin, either grease or grease and line it, before you do anything else.
- Heat the oven. If your bakes are consistently over or undercooked buy an oven thermometer to check the temperature, thermostats can be very inaccurate.
To find terms and conditions of the #VonShefStandProud competition please follow this link - https://www.domu.co.uk/competition-terms-conditions