Mouth-watering dishes don’t need tonnes of fancy ingredients; we’ve got the proof right here. No last minute supermarket sweeps, expensive panic buying or unnecessary stress - just throw open your kitchen cupboards and whip out a few basics. Prepare to be pleasantly surprised.
Arm yourself with these 5 ingredients:
- Chocolate (milk or dark will do)
- Greek Yoghurt
Hit your savoury and sweet spots with these marvellously delicious mash-ups.
Filling, satisfying and fail-safe; you just can’t beat a hearty plate of pasta. Herby pesto gives standard spaghetti a tasty lease of life, and it takes mere minutes to make. A fantastic speedy mid-week meal and a scrumptious antidote to a long day in the office – you won’t be disappointed.
- Cook 500g spaghetti according to pack instructions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl
- Add 3 tablespoons of pesto and toss well
- Drizzle with a little olive oil, add a dollop of Greek yoghurt for extra creaminess and garnish to your tastes
Chocolate Spaghetti Dessert
Curb chocolate and carb cravings in one divine hit with this unconventional combination which really works. Push your preconceptions aside, break the rules and get ready to experience one seriously indulgent new taste sensation. Who’s for seconds?!
- Cook 150g spaghetti according to pack instructions. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and set to one side
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper
- Break 350g chocolate into small pieces, place in a microwave safe bowl along with a tablespoon of butter and microwave until melted
- Stir the melted chocolate into the bowl of pasta.
- Use your hands to form individual pasta ‘nests’ on your baking tray then refrigerate for 1 - 1 ½ hours until hard
- Top each nest with a couple of raspberries and sprinkle with a little sugar before serving
Greek Yoghurt Breakfast Bowl
Make time for the most important meal of the day with a creamy, dreamy helping of Greek yoghurt. Effortless to create - even bleary-eyed – this yummy breakfast bowl will keep you fuller for longer and ready to face the day. Top with raspberries for a pop of colour and natural sweetness, plus a sprinkling of grated chocolate if you’re feeling uber-naughty!
- Pour Greek yoghurt into a bowl
- Add raspberries
- Tuck in
Check out our next 5 ingredient recipes mash up.