It’s feeling a lot more wintery now that January has rolled around, but award-winning Quinola Mothergrain has put together this warming slow cooker Peruvian pulled pork burrito recipe to chase away the chill.
A real crowd-pleaser, this super healthy burrito combines South American superfood quinoa with American-style barbeque.
1 large flour tortilla
75g refried beans
100g red quinoa
Portion of pulled pork (pork belly)
Handful shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese
2 tbsp guacamole
4 tbsp pico de gallo or salsa
1 tbsp ranch dressing
1 tbsp barbecue sauce
Handful cup corn chips
- Slow cook the pork belly as instructed on pack; we recommend using the VonShef 3.5L Electric Slow Cooker
- Cook the red quinoa for 14 minutes in simmering water
- Spoon the cooked quinoa and pulled pork onto the tortilla; follow with the cheese, guacamole, pico de gallo, ranch dressing and barbecue sauce
- Spread the refried beans on top, securing the fillings in the centre of the tortilla
- Lightly crush the corn chips and scatter on top
- Fold both ends of the tortilla over the centre, then roll the burrito up
- Serve with additional pico de gallo and ranch beans
Tried it? Let us know how you got on.